Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total: 1 hour
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 pkg (6 oz.) stuffing mix for chicken
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lbs.)
- 1/3 roasted red pepper Italian withe Parmesan dressing
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To prepare stuffing, combine tomatoes
and their liquid, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, basil and dry
stuffing mix, stirring until just moistened.
Put 2 chicken breast halves in a large, freezer weight resealable
bag. Pound the chicken with the side of a heavy can, rolling pin or
meat mallet until chicken is 1/4 inch thick. Repeat process in the
same bag with remaining chicken breast, 2 at a time.
Place pounded chicken breast, smooth-side-down, on a cutting board.
Spread with 1/8 of the stuffing mixture.
Roll chicken breast, starting at the narrow end, as tightly as
possible around stuffing mixture.
Place in 13×9-inch baking dish with seam side down, as this allows
the chicken to hold together nicely. Pour dressing evenly over
chicken and bake for 40 minutes.
Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese and bake 5 minutes longer
or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked though
(internal temperature of 170 degrees).
Makes 8 serving